Planning an event?
Here are the first 7 questions you should ask yourself as you are planning to ensure a successful event:
- What type of event are you planning?
- What is the purpose of the event?
- What is your budget? Is this realistic for what you want to do?
- Date – When will you host the event? ideally, we are planning 3-6 months out from the event, minimally depending on scope of event.
- Services – what will be included in your event – food, appetizers or meal, bartending, equipment rentals like tables and chairs, entertainment, look/feel/decor, logistics/AV… these are the main items to consider for most events.
- Who will come? How large is your guest list?
- Do you need marketing? For public events this is a must and should be added to your timeline for the event. For private events, a “save the date” announcement and an invitation are often sufficient. Social media, eventbrite,etc.
Of course, many events require much more thought than just these 7 questions. But ideally, these will get you off to the right start in planning your next event!